Let us look at why it is a BAD idea to ask loved ones to help you make decisions about your future and relationships....
* People are humans and humans can get emotionally involved. When they do they find it hard to think clearly. They may see that you are hurt or worried and not be able to help. They can feel frustrated and angry then which is of no help to you.
* Your loved ones are biased. You may be talking about moving, they may tell you it is best for you to stay where you are because it suits them. Maybe you have been offered a better job a long way away?
* They may tell you what THEY would have done if they had been in your situation, forgetting to mention that they have never been in your situation OR, when they were, they made a mess of things! If someone has been in lots of casual relationships they cannot understand, let alone advise, on serious ones. If they have been married and divorced many times they cannot know how to pick the right partner or make a marriage work.
* They may let us down. It is not uncommon to tell someone you love something of vital importance to you. They promise to help you sort it out or get a happier life, then they find out they are unable to or change their mind. They might promise to do something and months later you are still waiting, or they do it all wrong.
* They gossip! They may be interested in hearing all of the juicy details and secr and then tell others what you told them.
* They cannot give any form of medical help if needed. A therapist will know about medication and other treatments that can help you.
* They do not know about mental health, psychology and the A-Zs of relationships, who to forge them with, how to forge them, how to make them work, when to end them and how to end them. Many of them may be unhappily single or unhappily in a bad relationship and are therefore not in a position to judge your emotional welfare or give advice on how to improve it.
* I and my team of advisors do know the answers, we do not gossip and we put your feelings and needs first. An advice columnist is far more reliable to you than someone you know because they put your needs first and they are more skilled and knowledgeable. We earn our living by helping lots of people very similar to you. We do not take you for granted and we are not desperate for a chance to help someone becauwes we do it well. We give you the help you need without trying to manipulate you into doing what might suit us such as not moving because we would miss you too much if you did because we are not part of your life and we truly put your needs first and we are totally level headed and precise in what we tell you.